In office laser whitening is performed by your Brighter Smiles Dentistry professional over a period of four fifteen-minute intervals. The procedure will begin as your teeth are isolated with a paint-on rubber dam to ensure the protection of your gums. Then, a high-concentration peroxide gel is applied to the teeth and a specialized laser light will be shined on your teeth to activate the gel. Patients with particularly stubborn stains may return for a second session or continue whitening at home with a take-home whitening kit.
Teeth whitening is not permanent, it needs to be maintained with regular brushing and flossing, cleanings etc. Dental veneers are a more permanent solution for patients who either would like a whitening option more resistant to future stains or have deep set stains which cannot be removed with teeth whitening alone. At Brighter Smiles Dentistry, teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic treatment as it is a significantly cheaper procedure than dental veneers.
Take Home Whitening Kits
For your convenience, we also offer take home whitening kits. They are less expensive then laser bleaching and are stronger and better quality then generic drugstore varieties.
Opalescence Go is the professional alternative to over-the-counter whitening options. It's a simple, fast, and great-tasting way to start a whitening treatment or for whitening touch-ups. With no impressions or custom trays necessary, Opalescence Go is ready to use right out of the package!
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride), which helps maintain the health of enamel throughout the whitening process.
- No impressions, no models, no lab time
- Sleek and comfortable; adapts to any smile
- Discreet, clear tray material
- 6% (wear 60–90 minutes for 5 to 10 days), 10% (wear 30–60 minutes for 5 to 10 days), and 15% (wear 15–20 minutes for 5 to 10 days)
- Mint flavour